Updated by Anya
TABLE’s chat interface provides your team with the tools needed to collaborate with customers and offer an amazing experience. There are several chat-based features that will help improve communication with your customers including group chat, file sharing, embedding YouTube links, starting Experiences, canned responses, and internal comments.
Chatting in TABLE should feel familiar to any chat application. Simply:
- Select the Conversation where you’d like to send a message
- Make sure the "Reply" tab is highlighted, then write your message in the "Type a Message..." field at the bottom of the Conversation
- Click the enter/return button on your keyboard to send
Everyone in the Conversation will be notified and be able to see your message. You can edit or delete your message by hovering over your message and clicking the pencil button.
TABLE allows for easy file sharing directly in the Conversation, including photos, documents, contracts, and more.
To upload a file:
- Select the Conversation where you’d like share the file
- Click the plus button at the bottom right of the messenger input field
- Select the files you wish to upload and click "Open" or upload a file by dragging and dropping the files anywhere in the selected Conversation.
- You will then have the option to change the title and add a comment. Click the "Upload" button to upload and send
Any files that are sent within a Conversation will appear in the Media section to the right of the Conversation. Thumbnail previews of image and video files will appear here, along with the titles of other types of files.
Agents can conveniently start Experiences directly within a Conversation so your Bot can collect information, give instructions, and more.
To start an Experience within a Conversation:
- Select a Conversation you’d like to trigger the Experience in
- Click the Experience icon in the lower right of the messenger input field
- Select the Experience you’d like to trigger
- Click "Start" and the Experience will begin
Trigger Booking Flow
Agents can drop a booking flow into a Conversation to enable the customer to book an appointment with a specific Crew or Agent.
- Select a Conversation you’d like to trigger a booking flow in
- Click the Appointments icon in the lower right of the messenger input field
- Select whether you'd like to trigger a booking flow for a Crew or Specific Agent, then specify which Crew or Agent
- Click "Trigger" and the booking flow will be sent to the customer in the Conversation
With our Stripe integration enabled, Agents can drop a credit card field into a Conversation to request payment from customers.
- Select a Conversation you’d like to request a payment in
- Click the payment icon in the lower right of the messenger input field
- Select the preferred currency from the drop down
- Input the amount to charge the customer
- Click "Request Payment" then confirm. A credit card field will appear in the Conversation for your customer to complete.
Using a Message Template within a Conversation
To access and use a Message Template:
- Select the Conversation where you’d like to use a template
- Search the name of the Message Template you'd like to use, or just choose from the list, and select
- The text from the template will automatically appear in the Type a Message... field. You can edit the text if necessary, then when you're ready to send just press the enter/return button on your keyboard.
Use the Close feature to keep your Conversations list up to date with only active Conversations by moving them to the "Closed" status.
To close a Conversation:
- Select the Conversation you’d like to close
- Click the Close Conversation icon at the top of the Conversation
- Select “Yes, close” when prompted by the confirmation message. This will move the selected Conversation to the "Closed" section.
To close multiple Conversations:
- Hover over the Conversation you'd like to close in the Conversations List
- Click on the checkbox when it appears on all of the Conversations you'd like to close
- Click the "Close Conversations" button that appears at the top of the Conversations List. This will move all the selected Conversations to the "Closed" section.
To close all Conversations:
- Select a specific status on the sidebar to filter your Conversations accordingly, or make sure "All" is selected if you would like to close all open Conversations
- Click the checkbox that appears at the top of the Conversations List, to the left of the search bar. This will select every Conversation, or every Conversation within your chosen filter.
- Click the "Close Conversations" button at the top of the Conversations List. This will move all the selected Conversations to the "Closed" section.
Activating Closed Conversations
To activate a conversation:
- Go to the Closed status section in the left sidebar
- Select the Conversation you’d like to activate
- Click the “Make Active” button
Note: If a customer sends a message or completes an action on an Archived Conversation the Conversation will automatically become unarchived. Agents on the Conversation will be notified as they usually would be on an unarchived Conversation.
Sending Internal Messages
Internal messages can be sent to privately communicate with other team members within a Conversation. These messages are not visible to the customer and can be used for things like taking notes or to inform other Agents about needs a customer may have.
Internal messages are yellow to highlight that they’re internal only.
To send an internal message:
- Select the Conversation in which you’d like to send the internal message
- Select the "Note" tab at the top of the message field
- Write the message you’d like to send
- Click the enter/return button on your keyboard to send
Embedding YouTube Videos
Chat messages that include YouTube links will unfurl automatically in the Conversation so your customer never has to leave the page. Embedding videos within Experiences also works great to show an introductory demo to new website visitors, or specific feature details to customers actively using your product. When a customer engages with an Agent, the Agent will know what video(s) the customer has seen because the history is right in the Conversation.
To embed YouTube links:
- Select the Conversation you’d like to share the video
- Paste the YouTube URL into the messenger input
- Click enter/return on your keyboard to send