Updated by Anya
Welcome to TABLE! Our onboarding guide will help you set up your TABLE account by following along with the steps below. Let's get started!-
Step 1: Logging in to your Server
- Go to your server’s URL and sign in using the login information given to you by the TABLE team.
- Once signed in, click the gear icon in the bottom left corner and select the Settings option. This will bring you to your Account Settings where you can do things like upload a profile photo or change your password at the bottom of the section.
Step 2: Customize Your Server
As a white-labeled platform, we've made it easy to customize your server so it can reflect the look and feel of your brand.
- Click the gear icon and choose the Settings option.
- On the left sidebar, choose Workspace
- Update your page title, logo, browser icon, name of your Chat Bot, and primary color.
- Next, input your company's name, address, and phone number. This information will appear a the bottom of TABLE-generated emails to customers.
- If you’d like to add payment options, enter your Stripe information.
- Click the Save button.
Step 3: Adding Crews
One of the great things about TABLE is that you can segment your Agents into teams (we call them Crews), so that your customers will be routed to the right people.
- Select the Settings icon in the bottom left corner
- Select "Team Settings"
- In the sidebar click on "Crews"
- Select the "Add Crew" button on the top, right corner of the page
- Basic Settings:
- Fill out the name of the Crew. (ex. “Customer Support”)
- The "Call to Action" field is the phrase that customers and Agents see when they click the "Request Service" button on the Conversation to query a Crew. (ex. “Talk to a customer service agent”)
- Advanced Settings:
- In the first dropdown, select either a Default or Round Robin Conversation assignment. These options determine how Agents in this Crew receive 'Agent Needed' Crew requests. See more information about this here.
- Select one of the options for this Crew's "Typical Response Time" message. This is an automated message that is sent when a customer has requested this Crew and informs a customer when they can expect a response. You can choose not to share this message, have the system automatically calculate the response time, or choose from the other default options. (ex. "Customer Support typically responds within a few minutes)
- Input a "Purpose" for your Crew to explain what you want this Crew to do. This is optional and only used an internal note.
- Set "Soon to Be Overdue" and "Overdue" times to ensure Agents are answering customers quickly. They provide Agents with a warning after the amount of time you set has expired. They are defaulted to 10 and 15 minutes respectively.
- The "Email Invite Message" is the message the Agents in this Crew will receive when you first invite them to sign up. This is defaulted to “Welcome to the ____ Crew”
- Check the "Invitable by Customer" box to allow customers to request your Crew directly from the Conversation using the "Request Service" button.
- Appointment Settings:
When customers book appointments, they will answer your title question by selecting one of the options from the drop down menu. When Agents sign up for this Crew, they will have to select their areas of expertise based on these options.
- If you want your Crew to be booked, check the “Add Appointment Flow” box in the Appointment Settings Tab.
- Use the Title field to get more details about why the customer is booking an appointment, then add options for the answers that they can choose from a dropdown menu. (ex. Title: What does the customer need with? Options: Account help. Tech support. Set up.)
The Agents you add to this Crew must set their availability in the Appointments section to receive bookings.
- Set an appointment duration, or the amount of time an Agent will be booked for when an appointment is made with them.
- Complete Your Crew: Click "Save" to create the Crew. You can update your Crews at anytime by clicking on them.
Step 4: Invite Your Agents
To add Agents to your Crew(s) and invite them to join your company's TABLE account:
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom left corner
- Select "Team Settings"
- Make sure the "Agents" tab is highlighted on the left sidebar
- Click the "Add Agents" button
- Decide whether you'd like the Agent(s) to have SuperAdmin, Admin, or Agent accounts. A description of each account type's permissions is included in our Roles document.
- Select the Crew you'd like to add them to
- Enter their email address. Invite multiple Agents by entering multiple email addresses and separating each with a comma.You can also upload a CSV file to import several email addresses at once.
- Your file must be in the following format
First Row: The titles "Email, First, Last"
Subsequent Rows: The Agents' information in the above format
email@example.com, John, Smith
firstname.lastname@example.org, Jane, Doe
- Your file must be in the following format
- Click "Invite" and the invited Agents will receive an email with a direct link set up their accounts and join the Crew.
Step 5: Create an Experience
Set up your bot and create your first Experience by following the steps below:
- Start by clicking on the Experiences button in the left sidebar
- Select the “Add Experience” button on the top right corner of the page
- Enter the Experience's Title. Your Agents will be able to see this, but it will not be visible to your Contacts.
- Check the box next to "Allow agents to trigger during conversations" if you would like this Experience to be available to Agents through the Trigger Experience button within a Conversation.
- Add a Conversation Title. When a Contact initiates a Conversation through an Experience, this will be the default title of this Conversation and will be visible to both Agents and Contacts.
- If you'd like to add this Experience to a Thread, select an option from the dropdown.
- If you'd like to add Tags to this Experience, you can do so in the Tags field
- Click "Next"
- Click the "Add Step" button to start your Experience by creating steps. Each step consists of a message from the Bot followed by a customer response option. You can have as many steps as you like. Your steps will link to create dialogue between the Bot and your customer and there are multiple ways you can enable your customers to respond to the Bot.
- Add the Bot message, or what you would like the Bot to say to the customer during this step.
- Check the "Include a file" box if you'd like to send an attachment with this step. After the box is checked, an Upload button will appear. Simply click the button and select the file you'd like to attach. This is optional, so skip this if you would not like the Bot to send a file with this step.
- Choose the Customer's Response Type from the dropdown menu. More information about the response types below:
The Crew will need to have Appointments enabled and the Agents will need to set their availability in order for the customer to book time with them.
- Add Service: This option will notify the selected Agent or Crew that they have been requested to join a Conversation.
- Auto Continue: This option will send the Bot message associated with it, then immediately go to the next step with no action taken by the customer.
- Book Appointment: This option will drop a booking form into the Conversation so the customer can schedule an appointment to speak to the selected Agent or Crew.
Invited people will receive an email with a link to access the Conversation.
- Free Form Text: This option allows customers to freely respond to the Bot. The next step will be the same regardless of their answer. When a Free Form Text response type is selected, a field titled Map Response to Attribute will appear and you will be able to select the Attribute you would like to be associated with this step. When a Contact responds to this step with a free form answer, this will be added as the value to the selected Attribute. You can see more about this feature here.
- Invite Friends: With this response type, customers will be given an email address field to invite a friend to the Conversation. After an email address is submitted, the customer will be able to click the Send More button to add another friend, or they can continue onto the next step in the Experience.
Before using this step, the SuperAdmin is required to set up Stripe Credentials in the Workspace Settings.
- Make Payment: This option will allow you to add a credit card field for the customer to complete.
Multiple Choice responses will remain available to the customer even after they have selected an answer so that they can go back and select another answer option at any time.
- Multiple Choice: Give customers responses to choose from. Each answer can connect to a different Next Step. When a Multiple Choice response type is selected, a field entitled Map Response to Attribute will appear under the responses and you will be able to select the Attribute you would like to be associated with this step. When a Contact responds to this step, their answer will be added as the value to the selected Attribute. You can see more about this feature here.
- Update Account (Guests Only): If the customer is currently a guest, this option will direct them to enter their name and email. This information will be stored in the Contacts section.
- Click Save.
- Continue adding steps until your Experience is complete.
- Once you’ve created a sequence of all your steps and responses, link them together by selecting the "Next Step" from the drop down menu. Start by clicking the pencil icon on your first step. Find the “Next Step” section and select your desired second step. Continue until all your steps are linked. You can do this at the end, or as you go along.
- After you have finished connecting all of your steps, you can confirm the order by double checking the arrows. Each step should be linked to its following step. Click "Save & Publish" when you are done.
- With the Experience saved and finalized, you can share it by clicking on the “Distribute” tab. Share your Experience by:
- Copying the link and placing it in email campaigns, Facebook Ads, CTA buttons on your website, and more. When clicked, a Conversation will open and the Experience will begin.
- Installing it as a chat widget on your website. More information about how to do this can be found here.
- Copy the QR code and place it on physical products, marketing materials, and more! When scanned, the Experience will begin.
- If your live team isn't available 24/7 and you'd like to set up an Off Hours Experience, see instructions on how to set this up here.
You're on your way! See the rest of our helpdocs here. You can also contact our team for support by using the chat widget found within your TABLE account.